The regional reds of South Australia
- The premium wine regions straddle the right latitudes for flavour ripeness, being not too hot and not too cold.
- Gently rolling to flat land with water is available allowing efficient viticulture which keeps costs down.
- Ample numbers of highly skilled wine makers and other scientific and technical people guarantee good wines plus as a group they are keenly focused on costs.
- The positioning of the wine regions means they are exposed to cooling weather from the Great Southern Ocean while being warmed by the inland heat of the Australian summer.
- The vineyard regions vary in height from sea-level to many hundreds of metres which adds flavour complexity.
The mixed dozen contains two bottles of the following six reds: